Android App Developer
Tribus Digital is an award winning design and development studio specialised in business process transformation and innovation. We’re a smallish but perfectly crafted team of digital solution creators and are incredibly passionate about the work we deliver. Working with the likes of Willmott Dixon, Wates, John Adams and Sky Betting & Gaming, we develop innovative, tailor-made web applications and content to help our clients transform their day-to-day operations.el.
Tribus Digital is expanding rapidly due to recent contract wins and as such has a number of positions open. We are currently looking for a talented Android App Developer to work with our team of designers and software developers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
What you’ll be doing;
- Developing advanced applications for the Android platform based on interaction and design direction from the creative team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help define, design, and ship new features
- Work with external data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Estimating and contributing to quoting of new projects where relevant.
- Providing supporting technical documentation where applicable.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, maintaining the highest standards.
- Attending and contributing to daily/weekly project updates with wider project team
Things we’d like to see;
- You will be comfortable leading on any app development projects (supported by our team of software developers and Technical Director)
- Proven software development experience and Android development skills with either java or kotlin (and potentially a desire to learn others)
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Have published original Android apps to the Play store
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT)
- Knowledge of using Google firebase for authentication and messaging
What we can offer you;
- A relaxed environment with a nice bunch of people
- A competitive salary, free car parking
- 25 days holiday a year
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised yoga
- Perkbox subscription (free cinema tickets, discounts in major retailers)
- A stocked fridge
- Regular, paid-for team socials
Being a small team means individuals have a big impact within the company and thus; a lot of responsibility. We prefer all egos be left at the door, all opinions and ideas are welcome and we believe that the best ideas come from free-flowing, open dialogue where all voices are heard and respected.